WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
Pialligo Estate is excited to be able to deliver this prestigious WSET Level 3 Award in Wines course to Canberra hospitality professionals and wine enthusiasts. This is an intense seven day program delivered over 2 weeks.
Time | 9am-5.00pm
Date | July 2019: Mon 8, Tue 9, Wed 10, Mon 15, Tue 16, Wed 17, Thu 18
Cost | $2850 pp
All class materials will be provided plus a light lunch daily.
For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately, and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you'll learn
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a short-written answer paper. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual
For further information on the WSET Level 3 course, please visit https://www.wsetglobal.com/